Monday, November 16, 2009

Foundation for teenager with combo skin?

i'm gonna be 15 and i wanna start wearing foundation. i have pale skin with red undertones. my skin is kinda shiny on my forehead and nose but then around my nose and cheeks it is dry. i also have sensitive skin. what is good foundation for a teenager that won't bother my skin, isnt too heavy, and doesn't clog my pores?





i already had some in mine. tell me which one u like or if u dont like these give me suggestions


-Revlon Colorstay Action Light Makeup


-Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer(i'd use moisturizer w/ it if i got it)


-Maybelline PURE STAY Powder foundation


-Loreal Ideal Balance Balancing Foundation for Combination Skin


Covergirl Aquasmooth Foundation


-Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers


-Loreal Feel Naturale Light Softening One-step makeup





P.S. no mac/clinique i'm buying this stuff at walgreens and mac and clinique and all that stuff is kinda expensive

Foundation for teenager with combo skin?
I really like Revlon Colorstay, that's what I currently use. Doesn't make my face feel greasy or break out like so many others. In fact, it really doesn't feel like I'm wearing make-up at all!


I haven't tried the others on your list. Make-up is so expensive, if I find one I like, I tend to stick with it. One of the companies, I think it's Neutrogena or maybe Almay, has just came out with something that is supposed to be like Bare Minerals, but way cheaper. I am planning to try it sometime. If it's really as good as Bare Minerals, it will be fantastic!


Once you find a brand and formula that you like, the next most important things are matching and blending. You must try the make-up on your face (even though everyone says not to, just keep it away from your eyes, nose and mouth) and see what it looks like in different lights. Blend just a dab along your jawline and lower part of your cheek, and see if it looks natural in flourescent light, sunlight, and normal household light. If you can't tell where the make-up stops and your own skin starts, you have a winner. Do this several times throughout the year. The foundation that looks right in August isn't going to look natural in January!


Once you have the correct color, it's still important to apply it correctly. Pull all your hair off your face with a towel, headband, barrettes, whatever. Wash your face and hands thoroughly, and rinse with cold water to tighten your pores. Use a toner or astringent, if desired. At your age, I began using just a tiny dab of Oil of Olay beauty fluid (the store brand works just as well, too) under my eyes, cause I knew I would wrinkle there first when I got older. It's really helped! If your foundation doesn't have built-in sunscreen, apply a separate one next. Now dab your foundation on your forehead, cheeks, chin, along your jawline, and on the tip of you nose. Using a clean cosmetic sponge, blend, blend, blend it all over your face, right to your hairline, over your eyelids, out onto you ears, and down your neck. This helps eliminate that "mask" effect so many women get when they apply it improperly.


To save money, every week or so, I wash my make-up sponges (and brushes, and hairbrushes and combs) in a basin of hot water with a little dish soap, rinse well, blot with a clean towel then let air-dry. The make-up will stain the sponges, but you're wanting to remove the oil and bacteria they accumulate from use. By doing this, you can use them over and over, and they won't get gross, or cause break-outs. Saves money and helps the environment, too!


Now that you've got your foundation properly applied, you should pat face powder all over your face to set it. Corn Silk is a good one. Use loose powder, leave the solid in your purse for on-the-go touch-ups. They use mineral oil to make the powder cake. I would go with translucent shades, you don't want it to alter the color of your make-up. Pat the loose powder on with a big fluffy powder puff, don't rub, then brush off the excess with a powder brush. You usually can't wash powder puffs, most are glued together and fall apart. I tried it. You can buy inexpensive replacement puffs in the make-up section of any store. Replace your puff when it starts to look dirty.


Now you're ready to apply the rest of your make-up! My best advice there is to stick with light, natural looking colors, and with blush, blending is key! Go easy on the mascara and eyeliner, if you use them. If you're very fair, go with brown, black will look unnatural. Remember, you want people to notice you, not your make-up!


At night, wash your face thoroughly, just like in the morning, to remove your make-up and the dirt and oil that have accumulated during the day. Lots of girls blame their make-up for making them break out, when it's really just that they don't wash it off at night! Your skin needs to rest and breathe, just like you do. Plus, it's gross to get make-up all over your pillowcase!


Sorry my answer is so long, I just tried to condense what took me years of trial and error to learn into a few paragraphs! I hope it's some help to you! Good luck!
Reply:Hi, i'm 14 and i wear Covergirl's Advanced Radiance foundation. I also have dry skin so before ou put your foundation put any moisturizing cream ( Aveeno moisturizing cream is the best) on your face. Let the cream go into your pores, after apply the foundation. Hope I helped:D


No comments:

Post a Comment