Thursday, May 7, 2009

Skin discoloration....?

I have this skin discoloration, only on certain areas of my body. It appears more noticeably when it gets warmer and more humid outside. It is on my arms, right where the skin meets when you bend your elbows, at my bra line in the front (under and between my breasts), areas on my back where a bra or cami would be, and in the crease of my leg/thigh in front where the panty line is. I went to the dermatologist the first 3 summers this happened, they gave me a 5-day pill and/or cream and it went away very quickly, but never really told me what it was. I believe they said since I have such sensitive skin, fugus in the air gets on my skin and causes this, which makes sense for where this discoloration all is. It's not as disgusting as it sounds, mainly embarassing. I have tried make up and it doesn't work, and it's hard to find clothes to cover it all since it's so hot outside. I have an appt. next month, the soonest they could get me in, but any tips on how to "cover" it up until then?

Skin discoloration....?
You can cover it up with make up. A really good cover up make up is Derma Blend. It is a special type of make up that is designed to cover up scars, red spots, blemishes, skin discolorations, pigmentation problems and even tattoos. My friend used it at her wedding to cover up a tattoo on her back and it really worked with no streaking. It even lasted through the dancing and after party. You can purchase this product in major department stores, like Macy's or you can order it online. They will even give you a crash course on how to use it.
Reply:I would recommend consulting another dermatologist about this to see if they can try to help you figure out what could be going on.





Sometimes skin discoloration can also be a sign of other medical problems so I would recommend talking to your primary care physician about this. If your insurance is the type that requires that you see a primary care physician I would start there this time around to see if they can be of some help.





As for the make-up try finding a shade of facial base that closely resembles your natural skin color if you haven't already to see how that works.

paper bush

No comments:

Post a Comment